The Born's in Cameroon
|Posted by Tim and Sara Born on May 11, 2014 at 8:45 AM|
I was thinking back over our time in the U.S. (Tim has been in Cameroon since Jan 21st...I will be joining him on Aug 4th). We had the Lord meet so many needs during this time, but it wasn't always the way we expected. Just a short list of some of the things:
- money towards a rental car for our trip around the country/Canada
- a great home to purchase at an unbelievably low price (and we bid at just the right time so that our bid was guaranteed to be accepted)
- a no interest loan so we could purchase a house that our girls could live in (and a home for retirement in ? years...haha)
- since the home was a HUD foreclosure it was in need of a LOT of work....the Lord provided free labor for tiling, tearing down walls (then putting them back up) and so much more.....
- our church purchased the kitchen cabinets and our countertop
- we needed to redo a section of the roof and the Lord sent us some help to do it
- an inspector looked the other way when there was other work he was inspecting (we didn't know you needed permits for some of the work done...but did get them for what we did know we needed). Someone told us they had never seen one let it go before
- we were given a 5 night stay at a Wyndam resort (the only way we would have gotten a vacation is this way)
- we were given tickets to SeaWorld (we had never gone and wanted to this time home....but wouldn't have spent the money on our own as there were so many other needs).
- someone treated me to the Holy Land Experience (and got me several anointing oils to take back to Cameroon)
Many of these (esp the house) were needs that we had been praying about and had a peace that God would meet that need. Things just came to be in ways that we did not expect and His answer was so much better than what we were expecting to happen. God is so amazing....I learned lots of lessons through these experiences (again...it seems). To keep my eyes on Him and not on looking for the answer because it may not come where my focus is but from a whole other direction (and I could actually delay that blessing if I am too focused on where I am expecting it to come and not on the Lord who is giving the blessing).
We are so grateful to the Lord for His provision, but also to those who have opened their hearts and allowed the Lord to meet those (and lots of other needs) through them.
Blessings!!! -- Sara